Tuesday, April 8, 2008

I'm Bored...

If I have to hear the words "I'm bored" one more time this week I think I'm going to scream. When did I become an entertainer? I have several students who will just sit and tell me they're bored. I then suggest several different activities, but they shoot all of them down. Less than a minute after I tell them to find something to do, they tell me they are bored again! I have puzzles, a basket of possible art projects/word searches/etc; computer games, books to read, games to play. Why do kids these days need to be entertained? My job is to teach, but if kids aren't willing to get off their butts to go get a puzzle (which they can do once they have returned to their butts) then why should I be the one who has to come up with something for them to do? AAAAAAARGH!

No comments: