Monday, June 14, 2010

Manic Mondays: Just a Spoonful of Sugar!

Mary Poppins was right, when the medicine tastes better, it goes down easier.  This is also true for vegetables.  I have found that mixing a touch of cinnamon and 1/2 tsp sugar into peas, carrots, squash, and green beans gets Kaitlyn to eat them.  Now, I know you are all going to freak about not giving your infants refined sugar, etc.  But hey, I'd rather her have a bit of sugar and all the nutrients from the veggies than neither at all!  I mean, the girl has spit green beans at me and will remove any veggie from her mouth with her fingers or pretend that they make her gag.  The sugar is worth it - and when was the last time you ate veggies without some sort of accommodation?

1 comment:

Sean and Jennie said...

Kaitlyn is a very dramatic child when it comes to food she doesn't like. It is pretty amusing to see her spit things out:)