My dad likes to enter sweepstakes. So far we have made fun of him for winning:
- a set of knives
- a Hannah Montana PSP game (he doesn't own a platform)
- a phone call from various Disney characters
- a night's stay in a hotel from the Jonas Bros Rockin Sweepstakes.
Due to these entries, he and Kaitlyn were chosen as the grand prize winners and were therefore entitled to:
- a catered party for Kaitlyn's family
- a professional photographer & videographer to record the party, as well as a book and pictures for us from the party
- 10 round trip plane tickets to fly out of town family to Kaitlyn's party (Mom, Dad, Matt, Chris, Tyler, Carisa & baby Weston from Idaho; Grandma & Grandpa from California, and Mandy & Ryan from Texas)
- 5 hotel rooms for 3 nights to accommodate the above family members
- 2 rental vans to drive everyone around in
- $1000 worth of Graco products of our choice (we chose a double stroller, a single stroller, and a convertable carseat for ourselves, a travel system and a pack and play for my sister, a large infant/toddler carseat for Jared's sister, and a stroller to keep at my parents' house for visits.
- $5000 savings bond for Kaitlyn's college (this is one of our favorites)!
We had so much fun playing with the family. We went to the temple, IKEA, swimming, Kennecott, and just hung out at the hotel. It was so great to spend a relaxing vacation in the Salt Lake area, and we loved every minute. We were especially excited that Grandpa Brown came in and got to meet Kaitlyn for the very first time! He made her a beautiful music box that has a rocking chair and some teddy bears on it. Kaitlyn was thoroughly spoiled and loved having so many people to play with! We are so grateful to everyone for their gifts and well-wishes. Enjoy the pics!
P.S. I haven't heard yet when we'll be getting the professional pics back, but when I do I'll let you know.