Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Catching Up

I very much need to update this blog, so here goes...
Christmas was wonderful, we got to spend this year with my parents. I bought Jared a Wii, for which he claims to be mad at me but loves to play Strikers (and soon to be Brawl) with his brothers over the internet connection. Jared continues to make me smile all the time, from the little gifts to putting up with me when I can't sleep well and take it out (literally) on him. We were so excited to spend our New Year together in our home. We spent much of our time cleaning out our back bedroom. There was a super sale at Shopko and we were able to purchase a book shelf and several totes to store various items. It's amazing to find that we do have carpet back there after all!
For Martin Luther King, Jr. Day we went up to Boise to spend some time with Jared's family. Mom, Chris and I went to see August Rush. I love this movie! It's a great story about music and family, and it's clean and it has a wonderful soundtrack. I'm tempted to schedule a ward activity around watching it, I love it so much. While in Idaho, I got a call from my parents letting me know that our family dog had died. I was sad, but Soukie was old and sick and it was time for her to go. My parents have since bought a new dog, Elroy, who is a puppy and a handful.
Jared and I were so excited to spend Valentine's day together. We had plans to go to dinner and maybe a movie or bowling or something. Instead, I pulled a muscle in my back and was out of commission for the whole week! I all but missed the Valentine's dance at my school, and I missed the pajama party we had been planning for months. Oh, well, at least now I can move. And the time at home gave me the opportunity to catch up on my scrapbooking.
Basically life is just moving along, and I'm enjoying it. I love spending time with my husband, and I love the great friends we've made. I woke up last Saturday, March 1, to Jared calling me from the front room letting me know that my guinea pig, Raven, had had her babies. I now have three little pigs squeaking about in my classroom and being thoroughly adored by all of my students. Raven is old and I was worried about her, so I'm very glad that she survived the delivery. Hopefully I'll be more on top of things in the future, I love you all.

1 comment:

Lemme said...

good to have an update and to know you're doing well!! Hope school is good! Is it just me or does the stretch from Christmas to spring break seem unbearable?