Tuesday, February 9, 2010

1/100 - Marley & Me by John Grogan

So, the first book I read for the 10/10/10 challenge was Marley & Me by John Grogan.  It fits in my movie adaptations category.  I loved this book!  I saw the movie last fall and absolutely loved the real-life characters and the antics of their crazy golden retriever.  When I read the book, however, I became even more enamored with the story.  The movie follows pretty close to the book's storyline, so there weren't any big surprises.  The thing that I loved about this book, though, were the insights that Grogan gave to his life.  It was like reading someone's journal - which I guess it sort of was.  I highly recommend this book to anyone!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

oooh awesome! I've been looking for a good book to read. I absolutely love this movie so maybe I'll go pick up the book.

*Meg Larsen* said...

I loved it too! Though I had put my dog to sleep the year before so I bawled my eyes out at the end....