Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Tag!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I love wrapping paper! I love opening presents and watching others open them - bags are less fun.
2. Real tree or Artificial? I like artificial trees best because I like to keep them up for the whole month of December and as far into January as Jared will let me.
3. When do you put up the tree? The day after Thanksgiving
4. When do you take the tree down? See question 2
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes, but only diluted half and half with milk. I don't know if Phred likes it though, I haven't had any this year. Jared hates it.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Probably my Samantha Parkington doll. She went everywhere with me.
7. Hardest person to buy for? Jared
8. Easiest person to buy for? Jennie
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, I have a willow tree one, a simple wooden one that I got from Young Women's, a plastic one that I had when I was little, and an olive wood one from Jerusalem that we got for our wedding.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail - It's so much more fun getting Christmas cards in the mail
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I don't think I've had one.
12. Favorite Christmas movie? Depending on the mood I'm in, it's either It's a Wonderful Life or the Muppet Christmas Carol.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Whenever I start getting ideas for people. This year I was done by Thanksgiving.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Nope
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? I don't know, I like food in general :)
16. Lights on the tree? We currently have white lights on our tree and I like them. They have to be solid though, I don't like flashing lights on trees.
17. Favorite Christmas Song? I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? stay home
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donder, Blitzen, Rudolph
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? I like stars best.
21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning? Definitely morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The snow, it makes travel miserable.
23. Favorite ornament, theme or color? I love having the hodgepodge Christmas ornaments on our tree that we've collected over the years. We have ornaments that our moms bought when we were little, ornaments from vacations we've taken, ornaments that mean things to us, and ornaments that I've made with my class.
24. Favorite food for Christmas dinner? I really like chicken cordon bleu right now.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I already have Phred - I'll probably be getting a lot of good books :)
I tag: Carisa, Meg, Martha