Friday, January 10, 2014

Rockin Tunes

So, my iPod touch died. Since I have 20+ GB of music alone and I'm now down to my 4GB shuffle, I've finally made a list of my absolute favorite songs. A few of my roommates had one in college called "Songs I actually want to listen to when I hit 'random.'" It made me think of them when I put this together. Kaity, however, named the list:
  • A*Teens - Can't Help Falling in Love
  • ABBA - Dancing Queen; S.O.S. (Although I love the movie Mamma Mia, Pierce Brosnan should not sing).
  • ADELE - Skyfall
  • Alanis Morissette - Ironic
  • Alison Krauss - When You Say Nothing At All
  • All-American Rejects - Gives You Hell
  • Mamma Mia Cast - Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!
  • Anna Nalick - Breathe
  • Barbara Streisand & Barry Gibb - Guilty
  • Barbara Streisand & Vince Gill - If You Ever Leave Me
  • The Beach Boys - Don't Worry Baby; Wouldn't it Be Nice
  • The Bee Gees - One; For Whom the Bell Tolls; This is Where I Came In; Wedding Day; Man in the Middle; Deja Vu; Embrace
  • Blackhawk - That's Just About Right
  • Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse of the Heart
  • Boston - More Than a Feeling
  • Bryan White - Love is the Right Place
  • Buddy Holly - Peggy Sue
  • Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth
  • Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe
  • Carly Simon - Nobody Does It Better; Coming Around Again
  • Carole King - So Far Away; Where You Lead; Now and Forever
  • The Carpenters - Goodbye to Love
  • Carrie Underwood & Rascal Flatts - God Blessed the Broken Road
  • Cassey Golie - Living Out Loud
  • Muppets - Scrooge
  • Celine Dion & the Bee Gees - Immortality
  • Chairlift - Bruises
  • Clint Black - When I Said I Do; Like the Rain
  • Colbie Caillat - Fallin' For You; Bubbly
  • Coldplay - Fix You; Viva la Vida
  • Collin Raye - I Can Still Feel You
  • Corinne Bailey Rae - Put Your Records On
  • The Corrs - Breathless; Radio; Irresistible; So Young
  • The Cranberries - Dreams
  • Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time; Girls Just Want to Have Fun
  • Dan Seals - Bop
  • Dave Brubeck - Take Five
  • Dave Loggins - Please Come to Boston
  • David Cassidy - I Think I Love You
  • Newsies - Seize the Day
  • Dean Martin - Return to Me
  • Deana Carter - We Danced Anyway; How Do I Get There?
  • Debra Fothering Band - I Need Thee Every Hour
  • Scrubs Cast - Guy Love
  • Elton John - Love Builds a Garden; Your Song; I Guess That's Why They Call it the Blue; Something About the Way You Look Tonight
  • Emerson Hart - My Generation
  • Etta James - At Last
  • Faith Hill - It Matters to Me
  • Feist - 1 2 3 4
  • Five for Fighting - 100 Years; If God Made You; Superman; Disneyland
  • The King & I Soundtrack - March of the Siamese Children; Shall We Dance
  • The Fray - She Is; Over My Head; How to Save a Life
  • Garth Brooks - Callin' Baton Rouge (my namesong); Shameless; I Don't Have to Wonder; When There's No One Around
  • Gary Allan - It Would Be You
  • George Strait - Lead On
  • Glee Cast - Barely Breathing; Bye Bye Bye; Chasing Pavements; Constant Craving; Cough Syrup; Cry; Dog Days Are Over; Don't Speak; Edge of Glory; Flashdance; Forget You; Get It Right; Give Your Heart a Break; Borderline; Like a Virgin; Like a Prayer; Take a Bow; No Air; Don't Rain on My Parade; I Dreamed a Dream; Poker Face; The Only Exception; One of Us; Teenage Dream; Firework; Sing; Rolling in the Deep; Pretending; Here'st to Us; Hit Me With Your Best Shot; I Feel Pretty; It's All Coming Back to Me Now; Jar of Hearts; La Isla Bonita; Loser Like Me; Mean; Mine; Never Say Never; Next To Me; Old Time Rock & Roll; Perfect; Say; Shake It Out; Singing in the Rain; Somebody That I Used to Know; Take Care of Yourself; This Is the New Year; A Thousand Years; Torn; Wannabe; We are Young; We Found Love; We Got the Beat; What Doesn't Kill You; Without You; Wrecking Ball (some of these I prefer the Glee versions and some not - but I don't have the originals)
  • Goo Goo Dolls - Slide; Iris
  • Greg Simpson - Come As You Are
  • Grey's Anatomy Cast - Chasing Cars; The Story
  • Huey Lewis - Once Upon a Time in New York City; Power of Love
  • Idina Menzel - Let it Go; Brave; Defying Gravity; For Good
  • Ingrid Michaelson - Be OK
  • Jackson Browne - The Pretender; You've Got to Hide Your Love Away
  • Jason Mraz - I'm Yours; Lucky
  • Jewel - Standing Still
  • Jimmy Buffett - Little Miss Magic
  • Johnny Cash - Hurt
  • John Schmidt - Love Story Meets Viva la Vida; Jessica's Theme; Peanuts Medly
  • A Walk to Remember Soundtrack - Someday We'll Know
  • Keane - Everybody's Changing
  • Keith Urban - Days Go By; Making Memories Of Us; Tonight I Wanna Cry; What About Me; Blue Jeans; Jeans On; You Look Good in My Shirt; Raining on Sunday; Romeo's Tune; Once in a Lifetime; You'll Think of Me (live)
  • Kelly Clarkson - Breakaway; Since U Been Gone; My Life Would Suck Without You
  • Kenny Loggins - Footloose
  • Frozen Soundtrack - For the First Time in Forever; Love Is an Open Door; Do You Want to Build a Snowman
  • Lady Antebellum - Need You Know
  • Phineas & Ferb Soundtrack - Disco Miniature Golfing Queen; You Snuck Your Way Right Into My Heart; Rubber Bands, Rubber Balls
  • Lazlo Bane - Superman
  • LeAnn Rimes - Probably Wouldn't Be This Way
  • Letters to Cleo - I Want You to Want Me
  • Lifehouse - Hanging By a Moment
  • Lila McCann - With You
  • Linda Davis & Randy Travis - Make it Through
  • Linkin Park - Shadow of the Day
  • The Lumineers - Ho Hey
  • Mandy Moore - Cry; Only Hope; It's Gonna Be Love
  • Martina McBride - Valentine; I Love You; My Baby Loves Me
  • Marty Stuart - Hillbilly Rock
  • Matchbox20 - I'm Not Crazy
  • Matthew Morrison - A Boy Can Dream
  • Meryl Streep - Mamma Mia; The Winner Takes it All
  • Michael Buble - Haven't Met You Yet
  • Miley Cyrus - Party in the USA
  • Minnie Driver - Home
  • The Monkees - Listen to the Band
  • Natalie Cole - When I Fall in Love
  • Natasha Bedingfield - Unwritten
  • Neil Diamond - If You Know What I Mean; I Am...I Said
  • Hairspray Cast - You Can't Stop the Beat
  • Norah Jones - Come Away With Me
  • Olivia Newton-John - Xanadu
  • Owl City - Fireflies; When Can I See You AGain?
  • P!nk - Blow Me
  • Pam Tillis - Maybe It Was Memphis; Let That Pony Run; Mi Vida Loca; I Said a Prayer
  • The Proclaimers - I'm Gonna Be
  • Ray Charles - Georgia On My Mind
  • Reba McEntire - If I Were a Boy; One Honest Heart; Forever Love; When You're Not Trying To; Because of You (with Kelly Clarkson); The Heart Won't Lie (With Vince Gill)
  • The Righteous Brothers - Unchained Melody; You've lost That Loving Feeling
  • Robbie Williams & Brad Paisley - Collision of Worlds
  • Robin Gibb - Oh! Darling
  • Rolling Stones - You Can't Always Get What You Want
  • Roxette - It Must Have Been Love
  • Roy Orbison - Pretty Woman
  • Ryan Shupe - Baldy; Dream Big; All I Need
  • Sara Evans & Vince Gill - No Place That Far
  • Scott Bakula - Somewhere in the Night; Medley from Man of La Mancha
  • Semisonic - Closing Time; FNT
  • Shania Twain - Forever And For Always; From This Moment On (with Bryan White)
  • Sherrie Austin - One Solitary Tear
  • Sheryl Crow - Real Gone
  • Smashmouth - I'm a Believer
  • Soul Asylum - Stand Up and Be Strong
  • Stuart Damon & Lesley Ann Warren - Do I Love You Because You're Beautiful
  • Susan Ashton & Gary Chapman - In My Life
  • Hercules Soundtrack - I Won't Say I'm In Love
  • Terri Clark - Now that I Found You
  • Third Eye Blind - Jumper
  • Train - Drops of Jupiter; Hey, Soul Sister
  • Danny Kaye - Lullaby In Ragtime
  • Vertical Horizon - Best I Ever Had
  • Weezer - Islands in the Sun
  • The Wonders - I Need You
  • Zooey Deschanel - So Long
  • 3 Doors Down - Kryptonite
  • The 5 Browns - Rhapsody in Blue
  • Some Artist that I Never Did Figure Out But it's my favorite version - Hallelujah
There you go, it's fairly random, but Kaity and I love it.

No comments: